My name is Z. Sun, a 3rd year PhD student at UCL. I am very very lucky to be supervised by Prof. F-X Briol and Prof. J-H Xue. My research is funded by EPSRC and UCL jointly. Prior to my journey to UCL, I obtained a MSc degree in Statistics with Distinction from the University of Oxford.
Contact: zhuo [dot] sun [dot] 19 [at] ucl.ac.uk
In general, I am very interested in computational statistics and machine learning. I am also very interested in applications of statistics and machine learning.
- This year, I am an Enrichment student at The Alan Turing Institute.
- Co-Organiser of 2022 Statistics in Data-Centric Engineering (S-DCE) Seminars at The Alan Turing Institute.
- Sun, Z., Barp, A., Briol, F.-X.(2021). Vector-Valued Control Variates (pre-print).
- awarded a Silver Medal for Best poster at the conference Bristol: FRY.
- awarded a Student Paper Award from the Section on Bayesian Statistical Science (SBSS) of the American Statistical Association (ASA) (2022 ASA SBSS Student Paper Competition Award).
Sun, Z., Wu, J., Li, X., Yang, W., Xue, J-H.(2021). Amortized Bayesian Prototype Meta-learning: A new probabilistic meta-learning approach to few-shot image classification. In Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics (AISTATS), PMLR.
Li, X.*, Wu, J.*, Sun, Z.*, Ma, Z., Cao, J., Xue, J-H.(2020). Bi-Similarity Network for Fine-grained Few-shot Image Classification. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing.
- Li, X.*, Sun, Z.*, Xue, J-H., Ma, Z. (2020). A Concise Review of Recent Few-shot Meta-learning Methods. Neurocomputing.
- Incoming Talk at topic-contributed sessions of Joint Statistical Meetings, 2022, USA.
- Poster at Statistics at Bristol: FRY, September 2021, UK.
- Talk at International Conference on Monte Carlo Methods and Applications (Special Session on Stein’s method), August 2021, German.
- Poster at International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Statistics, April 2021, USA.
- Talk at Data-Centric Engineering Seminars @ The Alan Turing Institue, March 2021, UK.